weekly post 3 (Final post)

This week i drew in the mountains, and the sun. After I did that I painted the mountains and the sun as well as the background. For the mountains I decided to use a grayish blue color and paint in white-orange highlights, and for the sun I used a mixture of yellows, oranges, and reds and did the same for the sunset but added a bit of purple in the corners.

One problem I encountered while doing this was finding the correct colors to use so that they would blend together better. When I was mixing the color for the mountains it always came out to dark or to light.

I solved this problem by messing around with ratios of black to white to blue and tried to memorize each one so that I could get it as close to the color I wanted when I ran out of paint. When I was making the sunset I tried to use the same color as I used for the base and just slowly add red so that the colors were easier to blend together smoothly.

As of this week my project is finished. Over all I am proud of what I painted, though I did have a few other goals for my self that I was unable to meet because of time, for example i wanted to paint in some small birch trees in the mountain range but because of the deadline, I did not have time to do so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly post 2

Art History- Claude Monet